1. Abdullah, the king of Saudi Arabia appointed his half-brother Moqren as the next heir to the throne.
2. Sunil Gavaskar was appointed as the interim president of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) by the Supreme Court. Sunil Gavaskar replaced the present BCCI chief N Srinivasan.
3. Jens Stoltenberg was appointed as the Secretary General of North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO). He will replace the incumbent Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen.
4. General Sedki Sobhi was sworn-in as the new Defence Minister and Army Chief of Egypt.
5. Rajiv Takru was appointed as the Revenue Secretary. He will succeed Sumit Bose.