1. Justice Handyala Lakshminarayanaswamy Dattu was sworn-in as the 42nd Chief Justice of India on 28 September 2014. He succeeded Chief Justice RM Lodha.
2. AIADMK Treasurer O Panneerselvam was sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu. He replaced the former AIADMK chief J Jayalalithaa.
3. Ashraf Ghani Ahmadzai was sworn in as president of Afghanistan.
4. Lalitha Kumaramangalam was appointed as chairperson of National Commission for Women.
5. Union Government declared 25 September as Antyodya Diwas. Antyodya diwas was observed to mark the 98th birth anniversary of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay.
To Read More Sept Current Affairs : If above button is not working than click below on Read More