1. Reserve Bank of India, in its second bi‐monthly monetary policy statement reduced the Statutory Liquidity Ratio (SLR) by 50 basis points to 22.5 per cent. This measure is likely to infuse around Rs.40,000 crore into the banking system.
New Rates are: ‐
(A) Repo Rate – 8 % (Unchanged)
(B) Reverse Repo Rate – 7 % (Unchanged)
(C) Cash Reserve Ratio – 4 % (Unchanged)
(D) Statutory Liquidity Ratio – 22.5 % (Decreased 0.5%)
(E) Bank Rate – 9 % (Unchanged)
(F) Marginal Standing Rate – 9 % (Unchanged)
2. Additional secretary A.K. Dubey was appointed as Chairman of Coal India Limited with immediate effect.
3. Rajeev Topno was appointed as Private Secretary to Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
4. United Nations General Assembly approved the name of Zeid Ra’ad Zeid al‐Hussein to head the Office of High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) of the UN.
5. Shaktikanta Das was appointed as the new Revenue Secretary.